As a chief officer / DPO you:
- are head of the deck department and as such manage and supervise all operations on deck and associated spaces;
- execute leadership, transfer knowledge, train and motivate the deck department;
- are able to manoeuvre the vessel assist the Master when required.
- are responsible for all safety items and/ or issues on the vessel;
- manage the required administration and planned maintenance on board;
- are responsible for maintaining good communications with the office on shore and the clients of Van Stee Offshore
Having a DP certificate is a pre.